Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight the night prior to your Surgery.
- No smoking or drinking from a straw for 5-7 days after surgery to ensure proper healing.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain at the office for the entire duration of surgery and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick and excessive makeup on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Adam C. Matthias prior to your surgical date for instructions.